The Vending Machine dispenses tasty internet snacks to satisfy your taste for junk at the end of a long working week!
- You thought Pee-wee Herman was done? Hah hah! Nope. Netflix announced a new movie, Pee-wee’s Big Holiday, coming out March 2016.
- For all you Wayans fans out there, White Chicks 2 could happen. But should it?
- Jurassic World 2 coming in 2018. If they’re not bringing back Jeff Goldblum then what’s the point?
- Emmy nominations are out in anticipation of the show in September. Andy Samberg is hosting so it should be pretty watchable!
- The Jon Snow/Game of Thrones rumours are flying around like a bunch of deadly dragons with Kit Harington showing off his man bun in Belfast.
- Rory Gilmore and Isabel Evans getting hitched? Sounds like another ’00s fangirl crossover fanfic but it’s actually Jenny’s Wedding, a new indie movie about marriage equality.
- The Xena reboot is just “wishful thinking” according to Lucy Lawless. Someone make it happen!
- If you’re not already watching The Originals, here’s some incentive. Jason Dohring is joining the cast for Season 3!
- Chris Columbus wants to direct a Harry Potter movie set 19 years later – you know, the time period when the gang looked wrinkly at the end of the last movie.
- An ‘NSync and Backstreet Boys team up is enough to get any ’90s girl excited. Add the words ‘futuristic zombie Western’ and ‘Sharknado team’ and you’ve got yourself a squee-fest.
- San Diego Comic Con wrapped up last week so if you haven’t already, there are plenty of sneak peeks, interviews and panels to watch!
Check out our latest Trailer Trash post for the latest movie trailers!
- Jennifer Lawrence has been cast in the film adaptation of The Rosie Project. Let’s hope they don’t completely Americanise it!
- Nicholas Sparks has revealed his new novel See Me will be released on October 13. I’m gonna take a punt and say that the movie adaptation will be released in 2017.
- The To Kill a Mockingbird sequel, Go Set a Watchman has just been released. It. Is. Everywhere.
- Drew Barrymore just released the cover of her new autobiography Wildflower, released October 27. Definitely on my to-read list!
- Super cute clip of a baby getting glasses and seeing her parents clearly for the first time. Aww!
- For those of you who are just as obsessed with TV and movie houses as me, check out Hooked on Houses. In addition to screenshots of onscreen houses and behind the scenes trivia, it also features celebrity homes, before and afters and other beautiful houses around America.
- Nick Offerman partnered up with Funny or Die to make Pizza Farm, a promotional video for healthy farm-grown foods featuring pizza vines (see GIF below), sloppy joe fields and taquito trees. “If it’s on a plant, it’s good for you. Who cares how it got there?”
- This list of 35 discontinued Australian foods is a pretty impressive memorial to the snacks we have lost over the years. R.I.P. Quatros and McShaker Fries.
- I still don’t really get why a beer commercial needs to go for 12 minutes but after watching Vale, a short film advertising Spanish beer Estrella Damm, I don’t care. Quim Gutierrez is the cutest. Cameo by Tonks from Harry Potter.
Cacti Pick of the Week
- Secret Garden: An Inky Treasure Hunt and Colouring Book by Johanna Basford. Although we at Cactus Pop are a little bitter because we were into adult colouring before it became a cool trend (and were judged for being immature), this book has some incredible illustrations.
Image via Johanna Basford
What Else You Got?
- Pluto finally got its close-up! NASA’s New Horizons space probe snapped the first proper pics of the planet and its mountain ranges.
- The Northern Territory is becoming a state. Not sure if this is good or bad.
- In addition to the Pluto developments, NASA now says they’ve found “Earth’s cousin“, Kepler. Oy with the planets already.
- The Minaj/Swift/Perry Twitter spat has been resolved. For now.
- Just when you thought he couldn’t get any cuter, Prince George has started smiling for the camera.
- More disgusting KFC news – introducing the “Chizza Pizza“. Stop trying to make chicken into pizza!
GIF of the Moment
GIF via imgur
Latest posts by Melpo (see all)
- What Did Everyone Binge on Netflix in January 2019? - February 1, 2019
- The Roswell Reboot is Not an Echo of the Original - January 30, 2019
- The Best Aussie Kids Game Shows from the ’90s - June 30, 2018