The girls celebrated their last night in Dubai with decadence and cold-shoulders, then headed back home for more of the same.
I love a bit of bling as much as the next person…so I guess if you’ve gotta wear a splint, it may as well be diamond-encusted. Because surely Pettifleur can’t move her fingers in these?
For a place where one would assume that one should dress a little on the demure side, it was boob central in the Bridge Suite.
The ladies frocked up for the big Glasshouse opening. Jackie looked hot, Lydia looked elegant, Gina looked…sparkly, Janet looked a bit like a curtain, Susie looked bridal, Pettifleur looked like the new villain on Once Upon a Time and Gamble looked gorgeous…
…or so I thought! Check out the back of the dress – or lack there of!
It still wasn’t as bad as Pettifleur’s bubbly American cheese cape.
TALKY TALK: FAVOURITE QUOTES
- “I love having Johanna around, she learns so much and I think it’s really good for her. In fact, when Johanna says goodbye after an eight hour day, I look at her and think, why are you going? Like, stay longer.” – Lydia is the perfect boss.
- “It’s like: Food. Dinner table. Jackie. Fight.” – What the hell does that mean, Pettifleur?
- “Trying to help her friend, she’s opened up, you know, Pandora box.” – Lydia’s obviously confused by Pandora’s box and a jewellery box from Pandora.
- “Perhaps I’ve spoken about the girls…ummm…but I don’t think it’s gossip. Surely you can speak about the girls. What’s wrong with that?” – Oh, Lydia.
- “Little stronzo”. Poor Figs copping abuse from Lydia. We all know a stronzo in our life.
- “It’s really real”. Lydia on her relationship with her brother.
- “Would you say that I’ve got a sack full of Phelps?” – Ben knows how to make doctors uncomfortable.
- “I’m sick of hearing all of this negative stuff about Dubai. I’ve got other stuff to do. You know, I want to spend time with Figaro. I’ve got my Mother’s 69th birthday that really needs a lot of organisation.” – Lydia is FLAT OUT.
- “No, Lydia is platinum…Yeah, cause she’s the oldest!” – Shit, Johanna. She’s not going to let you go home tonight!
- “Pettifleur…she does look a bit like she jumped out of a fruit bowl.” – Queen Gina.
FAVOURITE BITCHY MOMENT
Not unlike Gina checking her face in her compact mirror during a dinner in Season 1, Lydia caused an argument at Chyka’s Glasshouse launch and proceeded to touch up her lipgloss while everyone was at loggerheads. Particularly upsetting for Pettifleur who was busy defending Lydia.
FAVOURITE RICH PEOPLE MOMENT
Chyka organised to have the Bridge Suite ($35,000 a night) for their last night in Dubai plus a showcase of some expensive jewels (one set priced at $4 million) for the girls to “play with”.
FAVOURITE SECONDARY CHARACTER
Gina’s upcoming perfume launch has made her life so hectic she had to hire Lionel Richie’s No. 1 Fan (aka, Teymara, the “Holistic Life Coach”) to help her out. And honestly, I think Gina was a bit put off by how much the attention was not on her, but on the constant name-dropping instead.
OMNOMNOM: FOODIE MOMENT
“Darling, you don’t put it on the plastic. You take it out of the plastic. Separate it. Dress it.” – Lydia, responsible for writing the Certificate I in Delicatessen Meat Display curriculum – check out your local registered training organisation for more details.
FACIAL EXPRESSIONS OF THE WEEK
HOUSEWIFE OF THE WEEK
Chyka’s normally very diplomatic and drama-free so it was very refreshing and gratifying to see her step up and stand her ground despite Lydia’s “I don’t know what you’re talking about” nonsense! Props to the lady with the biggest earrings in the land.
- Do you think Lionel Richie is worth the hype?
- Who do you think is the Queen of Gossip?
- Is Johanna a glutton for punishment?
- Have you ever rocked a yellow cape?
- What’s the going price for a gold gun lamp these days?
Latest posts by Cactus Pop (see all)
- What We’re Looking Forward to in 2018 - January 10, 2018
- Riverdale Recap: Chapter 20, Tales from the Darkside - November 30, 2017
- Riverdale Recap: Chapter 19, Death Proof - November 17, 2017